Bell hooks (born Gloria Jean Watkins) is an African-American author, feminist, and social activist. Her writing has focused on the interconnectivity of race, class, and gender and their ability to produce and perpetuate systems of oppression and domination.
In a recent interview on The Transamorous Network Podcast, due out soon, we talked about the power of the patriarchy, its viciousness and its vile effect….
Not on women.
What does this have to do with trans attraction?
A lot. The shame you feel being trans-attracted rests deep in the vileness of the patriarchy. Like the quote says: patriarchy’s first violent act is within men.
Something to think about. Some questions to help you:
- Why do you keep thinking you’re gay because you find trans women attractive?
- Why are you asserting your straightness in online dating ads and other communiques about your interest in trans women?
- What are you afraid of in owning your trans-attraction?
- What do you have to lose if you do own your attraction to these beautiful people?
- Is what you have to lose really so valuable that you are willing to tolerate being less than, expressing less than all you are?
All of this is definitely worth thinking about. Contact us if you need someone to talk with about this.
One Reply to “Complicit in your own self-self-mutilization?”